UKC

NIAD the m5 bridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Hobogreg 08 Apr 2022

Looking for a partner to aid the m5 bridge in a day. Took Whittaker and Randall a few days cuz they team free’d it, but I figure it could be simul-aided in one block if both climbers had three 2’s and three 3’s.

They came to the states and crushed our offwidths, now I’m coming to the UK to crush their bridge. June 1-4 work for anyone?

In reply to Hobogreg:

April 1st would have been a better date to aim for.

Michael Gordon 08 Apr 2022
In reply to Hobogreg:

Obviously I'm an ignorant Brit, but I'd never heard of simul-aiding. It's an interesting idea but you wouldn't want just anyone for a partner for something like that...

artif 08 Apr 2022
In reply to Hobogreg:

Just solo it, why the need for a partner. Leapfrog the cams until you get bored, only need a rope to ab off. 

OP Hobogreg 08 Apr 2022
In reply to Michael Gordon:

I have no idea if it would work but I thought of a ten meter rope and always having a few pieces in between the two climbers as we shuffle cams along the crack. If both climbers had triples or maybe quads of each size needed, then it could be done in one lead block perhaps?

OP Hobogreg 08 Apr 2022
In reply to artif:

That’s a damn good idea actually. But a farce of this caliber would be funnier with a partner, especially since it would be a melding of the two nations, Allies again after all.

SteveSBlake 08 Apr 2022
In reply to Hobogreg:

The aid version could be called ‘The Special Relationship’…..

Marek 08 Apr 2022
In reply to SteveSBlake:

> The aid version could be called ‘The Special Relationship’…..

... ' - The Falling Out'?

CantClimbTom 09 Apr 2022
In reply to Hobogreg:

Bad aidea

M5 Adventures (OK, that reference is pretty old now)

Assimulate

Those are just off the top of my head, but sure there's a lot of better jokey themed names for your endeavour. Your idea is so stupid... it becomes brilliant 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...