UKC

Finale Ligura/Arco in a Camper

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Malloch 29 May 2022

Does anyone know what it’s like for a van in Arco / Finale? I’m more interested in getting the crags vs. Places to stay as we would just find a suitable campsite.

We we’re told that it’s not the best place for a large van due to the small roads. 

Any experience welcome!

Ciro 29 May 2022
In reply to James Malloch:

In Finale roads are fine, and fantastic climbing, just make sure you're there outside tourist season, otherwise you won't want to leave the van unattended while you climb.

Iamgregp 30 May 2022
In reply to Ciro:

In Finale at the end of one of the roads that you drive along to get to a lot of crags there a car park with a tap where lots of people with vans live at for a while.  Looks to be pretty van-life friendly out there...

Ciro 30 May 2022
In reply to Iamgregp:

> In Finale at the end of one of the roads that you drive along to get to a lot of crags there a car park with a tap where lots of people with vans live at for a while.  Looks to be pretty van-life friendly out there...

It's a few years since I've been, but if that's the Monte Cuco carpark (they were always threatening to turn that into a paid camp site?), that's generally fine if someone's around the car park during the day (although I have seen one can done over there) - but you need to travel to other crags and you can't leave the van anywhere else during tourist season.

My van got done in a remote car park at the end of a dead end road up a valley, where I though I'd be safe, and there were vans and cars getting done all over the place.

I will certainly never go near it in tourist season again.

It's a great place until the tourists arrive.

Iamgregp 30 May 2022
In reply to Ciro:

Yeah that's the one I think... Couldn't remember the name of it!

tjekel 30 May 2022
In reply to Iamgregp:

Monte Cucco is now a paid campsite https://www.basecampcucco.com/de/finale-ligure-camping/

Iamgregp 31 May 2022
In reply to tjekel:

Looks nice doesn't it!?

To the OP, the rest of the area is fine for vans, we were out there with a lad who had a LWB transit and he got on fine - most of the roads are proper surfaced roads which lead to decent enough car parks to reach the crag.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...