UKC

Parking at Birchen

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Does anyone know if the pay-and-display car park near the Robin Hood pub at Birchen Edge tends to get full up at weekends? Say by 10:00? A long time since I’ve parked there. Thanks. 

Offwidth 01 Jun 2022
In reply to Thugitty Jugitty:

I'd say its very likely you need to go earlier or walk in further (worst case park as for Gardoms and walk south across the moor.. it's not that much further if you check it out on the map but can be boggier).

In reply to Offwidth:

Thanks.

Tom Guitarist 01 Jun 2022

Yep it will be. I got very lucky two weekends ago as someone was leaving as I arrived. It was full otherwise.

In reply to Tom Guitarist:

Thanks. I’m meeting a friend for a walk rather than climbing so we have plenty of flexibility to park elsewhere. Just reminds me how long ago it is since I was climbing more frequently. It used to be easy to get a space at Birchen. Of course it was all fields back then etc…

deepsoup 01 Jun 2022

> Thanks. I’m meeting a friend for a walk rather than climbing so we have plenty of flexibility to park elsewhere.

The little car park at Shillito Wood (SK295750) might be worth a try in that case. 
Slightly off the beaten track and just outside the Peak park boundary, the bits of woodland between Moorhall and Millthorpe are delightful.

Howard J 01 Jun 2022

Last time I was there, in January, the pay-and-display machine was out of order (and had been for several months).  Has it now been fixed?

afx22 01 Jun 2022
In reply to Howard J:

Last time I went, I got there just before 9am and got the last spot.  It was a weekend and the Pay and Display was not in operation.

Cake 01 Jun 2022
In reply to Offwidth:

The lay-by at Gardoms may well be full if it's full at Robin Hood car park. There may well be more parking on the road further up, I don't know.

Graeme Hammond 01 Jun 2022

The pay and display machine was very much working last week and appears to be enforced by one of those parking companies. Think it was card/contact less only but unsure about this as I paid by card i didn't check any other options.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...