UKC

Courier for a kayak ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 07 Jun 2022

Morning all ,

does anybody know a courier who will take kayaks ?

my go to courier for big stuff ( bikes , skis , car wheels  ) paisley frieght won’t pick up a kayak .

Post edited at 10:01
 Andrew95 07 Jun 2022
In reply to mike123:

I needed to get a roof tent from Inverness to Banbury and I was recommended Shiply.  It worked really well and easy to use. I would certainly use it again. 

Its a sort of collection of individual / small firms.  You put in the item details, where it needs to go etc. then wait for quotes, you can then read the reviews of each courier and choose who fits the bill. 

OP mike123 07 Jun 2022
In reply to Andrew95: thanks . Trying that now .

elsewhere 07 Jun 2022
In reply to mike123:

Shiply - worked well when I used it.

If you post for something to be shipped, be ready take up one of the quotes, otherwise you are a time waster and will be ignored later.

Dave B 07 Jun 2022
In reply to mike123:

Tufnells might. We've had 10'6" boards delivered by then.

Ceiriog Chris 07 Jun 2022
In reply to mike123:

If you still looking give Manchester Canoes in Warrington a call and ask them who they use, I bought a 17ft plastic sea kayak off them 2 years ago and they sent it with one of the main ones, but I can't remember which one it was, 

Godwin 07 Jun 2022
In reply to mike123:

Possibly post in lifts and partners, saying where to where. I assume a lot of people on here are used to moving Kayaks and may be going where you wish to go.

OP mike123 07 Jun 2022
In reply to Godwin: I did think of that , but it would be a stroke of luck . I ve got a few  contenders at the moment ( all on eBay ) but the one that’s in best condition and the fairest price is also the furthest away and after fuel and a days work lost is just not worth collecting . Then there is  one that would be a reasonable half way meet up and is not to bad a price but they don’t reply to my messages . Etc etc etc .  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...