UKC

DMM cam size advice?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mike Stretford 17 Dec 2022

Hi

I'm being asked for presents so I've settled on a DMM Dragon cam. I've got a decent set made up of small Metolius and Camalots, but I'm not doubled up on any size.

Not been trad climbing much of late but have aspirations and the main aim is to get up to Dinas Cromlech and get some of the classics (never been.... I know!). So with that in mind which DMM size should I go for?

I know I'm being a bit lazy but my heads a bit frazzled from work and I've got presents to get so I thought I'd tap into the knowledge on here.

Cheers

Mike

Post edited at 17:17
 Cake 17 Dec 2022
In reply to Mike Stretford:

Most useful sizes to double-up are surely the medium green, red and yellow. I don't know the numbers because the different brands use different systems for the same sizes.

Memory is a bit hazy, but I'm sure I placed at least the red on Left Wall. I think it's mainly nuts on the Corner and Cemetery Gates swallows all sorts. I'm pretty sure a big cam (blue or grey) is useful on the corner, but I wouldn't normally want too lug 2 of them anywhere of I could avoid it.

PaulJepson 17 Dec 2022

Purple is the size I find myself placing the most I think.

In reply to Cake and Paul

Thanks guys..... looks like purple, green or red. I normally like to have a look but won't have time and as you say the numbers are different from the different manufacturers.

Purple, green and red are sizes 1, 2 and 3 in the DMM cinematic universe.

C Witter 19 Dec 2022

Green/2/0.75: because it's between purple and red. Helpful for cracks ranging from fat fingers to hands. If you already have a camalot 0.75, you could consider getting one of the microcams in the same approx size as the narrow head is useful.

In reply to C Witter:

There's an update!

The outdoor chain store that is convenient for my folks only has WC Friends 3 pack 0.4 to 075 (at a pretty decent price). Which will do quite nicely but is more than I would be comfortable asking them to spend.

So now my whole family, all of whom don't know what to get me are going to chip in. It's a Christmas miracle, not been this excited sine I got a ZX Spectrum!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...