UKC

Small rechargeable headtorch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lanky 19 Dec 2022

Hi, I'm after a spare headtorch. One that shouldn't get used just incase main one dies. I'd like rechargeable so the Petzl Bindi came up as looking alright. Has anyone got recommendations on other brands, smaller and lighter the better.

Thanks 

Dave Todd 19 Dec 2022
In reply to lanky:

I've been using a Black Diamond Sprint 225 for night-time road running for 18+ months and I think it's great!  It's also got me through kit check at the Saunders last year.

Run_Ross_Run 20 Dec 2022
In reply to lanky:

Have the Bindi as a backup for my acti core. Good lightweight torch. Used it recently on a few off road night runs on med setting. Provided just enough light to see where to put my feet. Would need full setting for anything technical, I think 2 hr max then.

It gives a narrow field of light, fine but gives the impression that you are looking through a porthole so feels very different to the bigger torch. Takes a bit of getting used to.

Great little torch tho. 👍 

Philip 20 Dec 2022
In reply to lanky:

Qark by Alpkit

Puppy mouse 20 Dec 2022
In reply to lanky:

Nitecore NU25

John Ww 20 Dec 2022
In reply to lanky:

Ledlenser MH5

DaveHK 20 Dec 2022
In reply to lanky:

How small and why rechargeable? 

Petzl e-lite is the obvious choice for something that's going to lie at the bottom of a pack.

OP lanky 20 Dec 2022
In reply to lanky:

Some good suggestions there, a few brands I haven't heard of.

Cheers

OP lanky 20 Dec 2022
In reply to DaveHK:

Because even though it's a back up that shouldnt get used I know in reality it will get used. If I buy the E-lite I'll forget to buy batteries to replace, but shouldn't forget to recharge. 

RolandP 20 Dec 2022
 unicycleboy 20 Dec 2022
In reply to lanky:

Not quite as light as the really light ones but I’ve got a sofrin HS10 (weighs 79g including battery and head strap), I’m very impressed with the light output and battery.

Post edited at 22:38
 tehmarks 20 Dec 2022
In reply to lanky:

I bought my former partner a Bindi - well two actually, because she lost and then found the original one - and it's a neat bit of kit. I'd happily buy one for myself if I wanted a small/lightweight and rechargeable headtorch.

laughitup 21 Dec 2022
In reply to lanky:

Nightcore NU25 for sure. Best headtorch I have owned. Plus its v light and v small especially if you do the shock cord strap conversion. 

OP lanky 23 Dec 2022
In reply to lanky:

Thanks for the replies, one thing does the Nu25 have a "lock mode" on it? It doesn't appear when I searched. Leaning towards that or the Bindi.

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...