UKC

Crampon Repair

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dirty Davey 07 Jan 2023

Hi all

Anyone know places to get crampons repaired? A couple of the little hook rivet things which attach the antibott anti-balling plates to my G12 crampons have snapped. Even if I could find replacement rivets (which I can't) I haven't got any means of riveting the new ones so ideally need to find someone doing a repair service.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

In reply to Dirty Davey:

Cable ties through the holes, onto crampons.

Stuart 

TobyA 07 Jan 2023
In reply to Stuart the postie:

> Cable ties through the holes, onto crampons.

I've found that plastic zip ties don't last very long there before breaking. I've found that green plastic coated gardening wire seems much harder wearing for fixing old anti-ball plates or making new ones with a plastic bottle.

Alex Riley 07 Jan 2023
In reply to TobyA:

You can get metal zipties which are considerably beefier and work well for this sort of thing.

Steve Woollard 07 Jan 2023
In reply to Dirty Davey:

baler twine

nniff 07 Jan 2023
In reply to Dirty Davey:

a bit of coat hanger wire

Wimlands 07 Jan 2023
In reply to Dirty Davey:

I used my local Timpsons to sew up a climbing harness….they may well rivet boots and shoes so they may be able to help.

https://www.timpson.co.uk/repairs

In reply to Wimlands:

> I used my local Timpsons to sew up a climbing harness….

Ehk!!!!   Just a gear loop then ok I can breathe again - just 

GraB 12 Jan 2023
In reply to Name Changed 34:

A few wraps of copper wire, stripped out of a length of electrical cable - ideally scrap cable. Have done this before a few times and it lasted ages. Or any other easily available and easy to manipulate wire. As Toby says, cable ties are ok, but never last very long. And when they break and fall off you're obviously leaving plastic in the environment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...