UKC

Which kneepad

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mutt 09 Apr 2023

so a brief look at that internet indicates that red chilli kneepads are half the price of Send kneepads. The Red chillies only have two straps and the send have 3. Are the Send pads worth the extra £££? Recommendations please.

UKB Shark 09 Apr 2023
In reply to mutt:

The strapping system works well on the Red Chillis so I wouldn’t see that as a determining factor 

petegunn 09 Apr 2023
In reply to mutt:

Not sure on the Red Chilli as I've not tried one but the Snap ones are more secure than the 5.10 ones which only have 2 straps

In reply to mutt:

The Red Chilli one really doesn't fit my leg, whereas the send one does- perhaps a case of one where trying on is important. 

Droyd 10 Apr 2023
In reply to mutt:

I bought the Red Chilli one because I was sick of not trying boulder problems that involved a knee and didn't own a kneepad, but figured that I wasn't going to get that into knees so might as well spend half the cash. I had a year or so of using it on and off and managed a couple of things where a kneescum makes things slightly easier, but found that when the knee was obligatory or the hard bit I got completely shut down, and concluded that I was just terrible at knees. I also found that the elastic that connects the straps to the main bulk of the pad started falling apart bizarrely quickly, to the point where I had to be quite careful putting it on and taking it off.

The first time I borrowed a mate's Send pad I did a move that I'd spent the previous two hours not managing in the Red Chilli one, and since buying one have had a great time realising that, while there is a skill to using knees, there's also an element of not having totally shit rubber (and build quality). Basically the Red Chilli one protects your thigh from abrasion and means that you can experiment a bit and do some token kneebarring, but for actually sticking to the rock on anything other than an absolute sinker knee it's crap. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...