UKC

COMPETITION: WINNER - Win a Mammut bouldering pad, 6 month membership to The Climbing Hangar and

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 29 Jun 2023

Many climbers are looking to make the transition from indoor bouldering to outdoors, particularly now the long days and sunshine are here. In an effort to help, Mammut has collaborated with The Climbing Hanger, Outside and UKC to create a step-by-step guide and give you some top tips on how to make the transition. 

Read more

Mick King 30 Jun 2023
In reply to UKC Articles:

One thing that doesn't seem to get a mention when people move outside is the need to keep the soles of your climbing shoes clean. So much rock erosion has probably been caused over the years by climbers setting off with muddy or gritty shoes and grinding the rock into the polished state we see so often now. It doesn't take too long or much effort to carry a rag (I still use a beer towel) and simply wipe the soles of your shoes before the start of each climb. If my shoes are really dirty, say after walking back down to the base of the route, I'll use water from my drinking bottle on the rag too. And not only does this help the rock, but just as important your sticky rubber will now actually be sticky and help with your climbing!! 

TMM 30 Jun 2023
In reply to Mick King:

0.35 of the 'What gear do I need to boulder outdoors' video.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...