UKC

Fachwen Boulders: Roadsign Roadside Slab

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Clarke 25 Aug 2023

I made a first visit to Fachwen Boulders today. After twice getting lost in the woods and twice driving past an attractive roadside slab, right by the sign for Fachwen, I gave up searching and did the four obvious lines on it. I assumed they'd have been done, but can't identify them in NWB or UKC. Can anyone shed any light? (Have tried to post photo unsuccessfully - will try again later.)

string arms 25 Aug 2023
In reply to Andy Clarke:

Hi Andy

If it’s where I think it is, it’s an attractive little slab up on the left ( facing up the road ) with one crack line having a triangular niche in it? I may be wrong as it’s been a fair few years since I last went there, but I’m sure I know where you are referring to. It’s been climbed on, probably since the 70’s, but never featured in any of the guide books for some reason. Pleasant little venue. There is a lot of rock around there and previously unclimbed venues do keep popping up from time to time. Definitely still worth having a look around…..😀

OP Andy Clarke 25 Aug 2023
In reply to string arms:

Hi SA

Yes that's the one. I thought all the lines were enjoyable and worth doing, at around V0/V1. I cleaned off a fair bit of damp moss so they're in decent nick now. I'll write them up  (not claiming them!) for the database on here. Have managed to upload picture now.

Post edited at 21:05

string arms 25 Aug 2023
In reply to Andy Clarke:

Great stuff.
Looks nice and clean after your endeavours. Hopefully now it’s written up with a picture it may receive a little more attention.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...