UKC

Castle Inn Quarry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mat_galvin 29 Aug 2023

So- kids are old enough to belay me so I’ve invested in the 2023 N Wales guide and off we pop!

Clipped some bolts at Castle Inn Quarry (very impressive beginner set up for kids) and asked climbers there where to go for a pint. Every crag when I climbed all over UK had a pub beer garden attached to it! 

All lovely but all unsure! 

Went to Conwy Brewery- blooming brilliant. Great views, beer and friendly staff. 

I don’t know if the latest gen of climbers are super healthy and don’t hit the beer garden like we do/did but if you’re after a pint it’s the place to go! 

In reply to mat_galvin:

Glad you found somewhere! Sorry we didn't have any ideas, but I guess the eponymous Castle Inn would have been what you were after....

OP mat_galvin 29 Aug 2023
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

No worries at all. Hope you had a great evening. Was the perfect combo! Unexpected sunshine, great beginner climbing for kids and a brewery just down the road! Does it get any better than that as a ‘dad’ climber?! 

Rob Exile Ward 29 Aug 2023
In reply to mat_galvin:

No.

johnlc 30 Aug 2023
In reply to mat_galvin:

I had an evening on Stanage with my now 18 yr old son and we stopped for a pint on the way back.  A special moment.  He has now passed his driving test and I gleefully pointed out that I could get myself a second pint and make him drive me home.

'Yeah, or you could get me a second pint and I could make you drive home' came the deadpan reply....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...