UKC

Flights to Kalymnos from Manchester Area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 oceanwaves742 14 Nov 2023

Ello,

Just been looking for flights from Manchester to Kos for late April and there's no direct flights from Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, or Liverpool.

I checked a few weeks ago and there were loads of options under £100, has anyone else found this issue? Or is it just the flights selling out?

Cheers.

TomYoung 14 Nov 2023
In reply to oceanwaves742:

How strange!

Was putting off buying my easyJet flights from Manchester until December, hopefully they'll release some more, I've never known this to happen before.

neilh 14 Nov 2023

People fly to Athens then to Kos during the quiet/winter season.Direct flights are ususally not available.

Ian Carr 14 Nov 2023

Both EasyJet and Jet2 schedules don’t normally start till early May.

Otherwise you have to go via Athens on EasyJet then Aegean onward to Kos. Only on certain days do the flights align so you can do it in a day. Usually with a 4 hour wait in Athens.

Cog 14 Nov 2023
In reply to TomYoung:

> Was putting off buying my easyJet flights from Manchester until December, hopefully they'll release some more, I've never known this to happen before.

Odd stuff happened this spring as well. Spoke to people in Kalymnos who had booked Glasgow to Kos then Easyjet cancelled the flight. Also spoke to some Germans who had their flight cancelled so had to find another flight to Kos.

TomYoung 14 Nov 2023
In reply to Cog:

Interesting, I've flown from Manchester between the first and third weeks of April the past two years and not had any bother - was plenty choice when booking as well with about 3 or 4 flights a week each way.

OP oceanwaves742 14 Nov 2023
In reply to TomYoung:

Yea, we had no-issues last year, seems like there's no cheap direct flights at all through till September even. 

Do you know how to keep track if they release new flight?

TomYoung 14 Nov 2023

Unsure if there's a way of being notified when new ones are released, but having the easyJet app lets you look at flight prices without having to put in a specific set of dates which is quite handy for getting an overall view

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 14 Nov 2023

> Yea, we had no-issues last year, seems like there's no cheap direct flights at all through till September even. 

I just checked on the EJ site - one flight a week Mcr to Kos in April and loads more in May. Bloody pricey mind,

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...