UKC

A good price for a belay jacket ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 leon 1 21 Dec 2023

If you`re looking for a very well priced, warm but slightly heavy belay jacket here`s a xmas present for you. Sportspursuit are selling the Fjern Husly Jacket at £69. just now

https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/1820647   for red

https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/1820641   for blue

slawrence1001 21 Dec 2023
In reply to leon 1:

Knowing Sport Pursuit it will arrive just in time for next christmas

OP leon 1 21 Dec 2023
In reply to slawrence1001: Delivery dates are by 3rd of Jan (and it wasnt me that disliked your post )

Post edited at 14:43
In reply to leon 1:

Can confirm these jackets are incredible for the price. Proper heavyweight synthetic, fully featured. 

Andypeak 22 Dec 2023
In reply to leon 1:

I've just ordered one, I've only heard good things (other than the weight)

Ciro 22 Dec 2023
In reply to leon 1:

Thanks for the heads up

Ciro 22 Dec 2023
In reply to slawrence1001:

> Knowing Sport Pursuit it will arrive just in time for next christmas

Ordered yesterday afternoon, royal mail have notified they have the parcel and will be delivered 27th 🙂

In reply to leon 1:

Ordered mine last night too, & Royal Mail are threatening to deliver it on the 27th December. £5 delivery charge was added to the £70 price..... Fjern are offering it on their website for £80 for those who prefer not to use an intermediary 

Paddlermatt 23 Dec 2023
In reply to leon 1:

Please could UKC do a comparative test of the Husly, compared to  ME, Rab, Patagonia equivalents.  £75 inc delivery is incredible!  

In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

Just how big and bulky are these, necessitate a small lead pack to carry, too cumbersome to hang from harness?

Stuart 

Mike-W-99 23 Dec 2023
In reply to buxtoncoffeelover:

A quick bit of sleuthing suggests Fjern & sportspursuit are actually the same company. 

OP leon 1 23 Dec 2023
In reply to Stuart the postie: I ordered two on Thursday lunchtime and Ive been notified that Ive got them both being delivered in the next hour or so (1 x Postie and1 x Yodel ??) I`ll let you know but Id expect them to be pretty bulky

In reply to leon 1:

Thanks

Stuart 

In reply to Stuart the postie:

From memory the included stuff sack ends up being the size of a tiny summer sleeping bag, maybe 2-3L? A bit on the bulky side for a harness. It's a big warm jacket. 

OP leon 1 23 Dec 2023
In reply to leon 1: Amazingly both turned up at the same time so kudos to Sportspursuit for that, so heres a very quick summary

In the last decade or so Ive owned and used the following  (Weights are on my own scales)

Patagonia DAS version 2 from about 15+ years ago -   Seemed great at the time but superceded by many designs now, crap hood adjusters

Patagonia HyperPuff jacket 630grm size L-   from about 6 years ago a superb jacket, let down a bit by its hood closure, lightish, quite compact and very warm- wish Id kept it

M.E.Citadel  860grm size L - previous version  Excellent jacket, bombproof, great hood but bulky heavy and very expensive

ME Superflux 650grms size XL- current version relatively compact  Good for where I live (Peak District + minging weather) not so certain about it in a Cairngorm hoolie

Fjern Husly  1.05 size XL   Bulkiest of all but not much more than a Citadel (if compressed in a dry bag), bought on a whim because it was so cheap, Well insulated, looks to be extremely warm probably in the Citadel class. Quite well designed (I don’t need or want 2 chest pockets as per Citadel) Huge wired hood (almost too big ?), fleece hand warmer pockets, The only thing Im not sure about is the hood adjustment, It’s only got a rear adjuster- I prefer side ones to cinch the hood down better in a gale

Stuart-  if you want photos of it compressed in a dry bag mail me

Post edited at 13:20
 lanky 23 Dec 2023
In reply to leon 1:

How is the sizing compared to the Citadel? Thanks 

OP leon 1 23 Dec 2023
In reply to lanky: Can only compare a L Citadel to an XL Fjern Husly.

A Large Citadel unsurprisingly is slightly smaller than the XL in the Fjern but that may be due to the EXL system that ME use.  Overall not a massive size difference however the sleeves on the Fjern are longer

Post edited at 15:29
In reply to leon 1:

Mine arrived via Royal Mail at 3pm...... a mere 39 hours after ordering!! I'm impressed, but not at home til 27th so can't try it on yet

In reply to Mike-W-99:

A good bit of detection..... price difference may be down to customer preferences for reputation of Sport Pursuit, tho delivery has taken only 39 hours since order placed (much faster than advertised)

Alex Riley 23 Dec 2023
In reply to buxtoncoffeelover:

I ordered a different jacket yesterday afternoon and it arrived this morning, speedy!

Andypeak 23 Dec 2023
In reply to leon 1:

Mine arrived today, impressive as I only ordered it yesterday. It's certainly a beast and looks incredibly warm. 

Size wise I take a large in almost everything, including in ME. I went for XL which is perfect for me. I'd say get one size larger than your regular size in other brands but having said that if I look on the size chart that Fjern give it does say I should be XL 

Bezz 28 Dec 2023
In reply to leon 1

thanks for the heads up, I ordered one late Christmas Eve and it’s just arrived - it’s huge and will hopefully stave off the belay chills on my trip to Norway -cheers! 

George Frisby 29 Dec 2023
In reply to leon 1:

Thanks for sharing. Mine has arrived in 2 days and is super warm and well built. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...