UKC

Winter boot resole recommendations please

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Exile 11 Mar 2024

I needs to get some stitching sorted and new soles on my winter boots. Where would you recommend or avoid? 

Many thanks. 

k_os 11 Mar 2024
In reply to Exile:

Lancashire sports repairs replaced the soles on my B3s, very happy with them. There was a bit of a wait, but worth it

BikingLampy 11 Mar 2024
In reply to Exile:

Got my La Sportiva B2s done by Lancashire Sports Repairs too. Realtively slow process and ~£100 inc return postage, but they seem to have done a good job and nothing has fallen off yet!

abh 11 Mar 2024
In reply to Exile:

Yes, another + for LSR - there is a bit of a wait, but repaired my La Sportiva Nepal, like new!

Cheers

OP Exile 12 Mar 2024
In reply to abh:

Thanks all

Abu777 12 Mar 2024
In reply to Exile:

A friend recently had a very good experience with Feet First in Chesterfield. They resoled his La Sportiva winter boots - good as new now!

kwoods 12 Mar 2024
In reply to Exile:

What are folk's timeframe for LSR repairs? A couple of years ago I waited eight months including multiple follow ups. Is that normal? Not keen to do the same again, but it might have been a blip.

HardenClimber 12 Mar 2024
In reply to Exile:

I've been pleased with LSR for Nepals....

They had quite a long delay in COVID times (which they were up front about), but prior to that were quite prompt.

Sam W 12 Mar 2024
In reply to Exile:

I used Feet First for some Nepals.  Haven't used the boots a huge amount since, but it looks like they've done a very nice, tidy job.

cacheson 19 Mar 2024
In reply to Exile:

Some further info: feet first = resoles.co.uk offer an express option where you pay a bit more to get the boots back pronto. I've been very impressed by their workmanship on several different pairs of boots.

Feet first also replace midsoles (e.g. if you wear out the front lip on a pair of B3s).

LSR have also been very impressive for the resoles I've had done through them.

These services are not cheap, but neither is the end product. I think they represent excellent value for money. I didn't realise how lucky I was to have access to them until living overseas.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...