UKC

Lost complete rack of climbing gear.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 biggianthead 31 Mar 2024

I’ve “managed to lose” a complete rack of climbing gear (cams, nuts, slings, pegs, ice screws, belay plate, carabiners). They went missing over the last 40 years or so. They could be on any crag or mountain in Scotland, Wales, England, Norway, France, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, New Zealand or USA.

By “managed to lose” I mean -

• Fumbled and dropped it or
  • Placed it badly so my second couldn’t get it out or
  • Lowered off because the route was too hard for me or
  • Abseiled off in a storm/ overtaken by nightfall or
  • Just too lazy to check the ground when packing up my sac.
  • Or any combination of the above

If anyone finds it I’d be grateful for its return. I’ll give you a token beer if you bring it to my house.

Alex Riley 31 Mar 2024
In reply to biggianthead:

Isn't the status quo to not offer anything in return these days? 

d_b 31 Mar 2024

About 25 years ago I had just started climbing and got a cam stuck in the second pitch of pulpit groove. Over a decade later I repeated the route and gave my second a bollocking for not getting it out.

That was MY cam!

McHeath 01 Apr 2024

I don’t think I’ve found any of your gear, unless you’re missing a big hex on a badly tied nylon sling, found between Fin Cop and the Wye ca. 1978? 
I’m still missing a left EB which my second had failed to retrieve from the heather above Burbage South after it had fallen out of my rucksack on the way home. If anyone found it: mail me, I’ll send you my address and you can post it.

Whoopdeedoo 01 Apr 2024
In reply to d_b:

You gave someone a bollocking?

d_b 01 Apr 2024
In reply to Whoopdeedoo:

Only a minor one. They did correctly point out that I hadn't bothered to clip it.

Wonder if it's still there.

OP biggianthead 01 Apr 2024

Good news. A leading climbing supplier has offered to replace my complete rack. They don't wish to be named. The only snag is I need to get there by midday from the Lakes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...