UKC

Smartwool mountaineer socks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ann 20 Mar 2004
Info needed for a friend-he wants to know anyone who supplies Smartwool socks-he lives in Aberdeen. Anyone out there used used them? feedback welcome. cheers.
 Fester 21 Mar 2004
In reply to Ann:

I bought a few pairs in Utah.Can thoroughly recommend them.The great advantage is that you can bung them in the washing machine on a normal programme and they don`t shrink.Been wearing mine for two years both on the hill and at work and they still look like new.If you find a stockist in Scotland then let me know.
Fester
 CENSORED 21 Mar 2004
In reply to Ann: www.rockrun.com buy them mail order!!
BorisB 21 Mar 2004
In reply to Ann: west coast leisure in the Ben and ellis brigham, can see that there an obscure item??
Ann Shaw 21 Mar 2004
In reply to Ann:
Many thanks all- must try a pair myself.
Rob O'Connor 21 Mar 2004
In reply to Ann: I used to work for field and trek(www.fieldandtrek.com), managed to get some to use and abused from the superfeet rep, absolutely brilliant, comfy all day and a definate improvement over blended fibre socks, although for a true mountain sock(winter climbing)the Thor-lo mountain sock still rules.
 Jiffy 21 Mar 2004
In reply to Fester:

Tiso also sell them but they don't sell the Expedition ones so I ordered them from Field & Wrek.

Excellent socks. The extra padding is nice for plastics and lugging heavy loads.
 Fester 21 Mar 2004
In reply to Jiffy:
Thanks Jiffy,
Think I`ll start my Xmas pressie list then....

Fester
BorisB 22 Mar 2004
In reply to Rob O'Connor: Thorlo....have a word, good for w*****g in is about all

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...