UKC

DESTINATION GUIDE: Albarracin: Spanish Sandstone Bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 25 Jul 2019
Anyone keen for Albarracin now? <i class=" style='margin: 0 auto' /> Albarracin is an extremely popular bouldering destination in eastern Spain. Easily accessible, abundant in low to mid grade problems and with extremely reliable weather, the area is a fantastic alternative to Fontainebleau for a Spring or Autumn trip, as well as a decent winter venue. Unfortunately, it has also been a victim of its own success over the years and here more than anywhere else it is extremely important to follow basic rules when visiting the boulders.

Read more
 Victoriacake 25 Jul 2019
In reply to UKC Articles:

Nice write up. What’s the name of the highball 7c+ in the photos?

Durbs 26 Jul 2019

It's always been a place of interest to me, but it's reputation as being a large open-air toilet, as well as generally a fine example of how not to treat the great outdoors really puts me off...

Is it as bad as people say? 

HeMa 26 Jul 2019
In reply to Durbs:

I’d say no. Bushes around Bas Cuvier have generally been far worse than What even the busiest places in Alba have been. 

I quite like it, especially around Xmas/New Years, when its generally still too cold in ’Bleau. 

Oh, and 27Crags has good topos (also for Alcaniz). But same holds True for ’Bleau also. 

In reply to Durbs:

I don't think so either. I was last there 18 months ago ago didn't notice any bad toilet behaviour.

The rock and problem quality is great. I don't think it'd hold up as well as Font sandstone given the same amount of traffic but I can't see that happening any time soon.

dale 42 29 Jul 2019

Good write up and great info. The new guide book however was released when I was out there in March and has beza in it as well. 

Victoriacake 30 Jul 2019
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Thanks....now on the list

racodemisa 31 Jul 2019

Went there in march/April.Brilliant place no real evidence of human waste up at the crag.Up there with the best.The only thing I'd say is most problems need 2 or more mats imo.So tricky if travelling solo.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...