UKC

NEWS: Careless Torque 8A/V11 for 17 year-old Billy Ridal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 06 Jan 2015
Billy on the hard start moves of Careless Torque, 3 kbThe headline might look vaguely familiar, as 17 year-old Billy Ridal has climbed Careless Torque 8A/V11 at Stanage in four sessions just one week after Alex Waterhouse made the youngest-ever ascent. Billy is two weeks younger than Alex, and climbed the route just one week after him - resulting in Billy nabbing the youngest ascent with just one week between them!

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69419
 ogreville 06 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC News:
Good going....and a paraglider just happened t be crusing by at 3mins 15secs on the video on his successful attempt. weird!
Post edited at 17:15
In reply to UKC News:

Nice one Billy, didn't think it'd be long before the send!
 jsmcfarland 06 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Is it bad the main thing that stood out for me was:

"Soon after Alex sent it I split my tip, abruptly ending my session. Alex's send only got me more motivated to get it done and so for the next few days I sat agitated at home unable to focus on anything else."

.....British people use the word send now? :P
 GDes 07 Jan 2015
In reply to jsmcfarland:

> Is it bad the main thing that stood out for me was:

Yes

> .....British people use the word send now? :P

Yes

Your point?

farmus21 07 Jan 2015
In reply to jsmcfarland:

Well the phrase "Let's get the Do-It train rolling" doesn't have quite the same impact as "Send Train".

Calling at all stops north of Psycheville - including Pumpfest, Keentown, Crimpshire and Stoke.
 jsmcfarland 07 Jan 2015
In reply to GDes:

I suppose I just have a somewhat vague resentment of the Americanisation of the universe (nothing seems to be out of their cultural reach!). And I'm half American! Those kids are awesome also.
 Jon_Warner 08 Jan 2015
In reply to jsmcfarland: Good point. It's not like we've let the (British) English language seep in to other cultures over the last few centuries!

Great vid - beautiful day. Nice Send!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...