UKC

IN FOCUS: Culm Dancing - Salute to the Admiral

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 05 Mar 2021

I swore gently about weather forecasting as the rain drummed hard on the car windscreen. It had been dry when I chucked my kit in the car in at home. From Launceston onwards thick mist enveloped all. By the time we had all arrived at Morwenstow, nothing had improved. A damp, miserable team wandered...

Read more

Mark Kemball 05 Mar 2021
In reply to UKC Articles:

Ageing filmstar relaxing just before his film premiers...

pneame 06 Mar 2021

That was just superb (and the preceding article). I had always wanted to climb in the region after an article on Baggy Point in (I think) Rocksport in the early 70s.  Never got round to it but this somewhat made up for that omission. Great drone footage and music also. 

Thanks!

BALD EAGLE 06 Mar 2021
In reply to pneame:

> That was just superb (and the preceding article). I had always wanted to climb in the region after an article on Baggy Point in (I think) Rocksport in the early 70s.  Never got round to it but this somewhat made up for that omission. Great drone footage and music also. 

> Thanks!

Hey pneame I'm delighted you enjoyed the vid which was produced and edited by my mate James Mann. I helped out with the drone footage but after an inauspicious, wet n' misty start to the day, it was a great team effort from James, Viggs, my better half Em and of course the star of the show...Sir Iain of the Peters!

Cheers

Dave

pneame 06 Mar 2021
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Your drone footage has steadily improved, it seems. It was always good but it is now awesome - technology plus skill plus battery life, I would guess?

Iain Peters commentary was perfect. None of that modern over-hype and jargon!

Cheers

Peter

BALD EAGLE 07 Mar 2021
In reply to pneame:

>

> Your drone footage has steadily improved, it seems. It was always good but it is now awesome - technology plus skill plus battery life, I would guess?

> Iain Peters commentary was perfect. None of that modern over-hype and jargon!

> Cheers

> Peter

Thanks Peter, drone technology has improved massively over recent years and I currently use a DJI Mavic 2 Pro which is a remarkable piece of kit for the price.  I've been flying for over 6 years (held a PfCO licence for 5) and have well over 100 hours flying time. I think it was Gary Player who said the more I practise the luckier I get...

Cheers

Dave

John Gresty 08 Mar 2021

Don't forget Rear Admiral Bill Higgins. Didn't he get a first ascent on Dartmoor.  And I have climbed with him in N. Wales a few years ago, a great character.

John

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...