UKC

NEWS: Impressive Two Day Ticklist in Magic Wood for Jakob Schubert

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 18 Jun 2020
Jakob Schubert on Practice of the Wild (8B+/8C)

Jakob Schubert has spent two days in Magic Wood, Switzerland and walked away with a stunning ticklist. Perhaps the crowning achievement of his two day spree was a flash of Chris Sharma's The Never Ending Story (Font 8B+).

Read more
 fuzzysheep01 18 Jun 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Impressive. That makes it his second 8B+ flash too. A quick Google suggests that Webb and Ondra are the only others to have flashed more than one 8b+ to date so it's a pretty exclusive group...

C Witter 22 Jun 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Watching Schubert climb, he appears to be weightless. I think there's a case to answer that he's using some sort of performance-enchancing gravity.

Really impressive to see so many hard ticks in two (rainy!) days, with lots of flashes and a lot of endurance!

1poundSOCKS 22 Jun 2020
In reply to fuzzysheep01:

Ned Feehally too?

https://onbouldering.com/ned-feehally-flashes-trust-issues-8b-v14/

Post edited at 10:50
cb294 22 Jun 2020
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

"The sendage in Rocklands continues".

Seriously?

Impressive bit of climbing, cringe inducing writeup.

CB

fuzzysheep01 22 Jun 2020
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Looks from this list like he's only flashed one 8b+ as opposed to two? https://onbouldering.com/the-8b-flashers-club/

May well be out of date though...

1poundSOCKS 22 Jun 2020
In reply to fuzzysheep01:

Sorry, missed the more than one bit. I think Ned has 'only' flashed one of them. I think the V14 flash club is pretty exclusive too.

fuzzysheep01 22 Jun 2020
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

> Sorry, missed the more than one bit. I think Ned has 'only' flashed one of them. I think the V14 flash club is pretty exclusive too.

For sure it is yeah. And it's all relative of course - flashing anywhere near that grade is pretty obscene really...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...