UKC

NEWS: John Evans of Ogwen Mountain Rescue Team Dies In Fall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 30 Apr 2009
[John Evans, 3 kb]John David Evans, an experienced mountain rescue team member has died in a fall whilst rock climbing in Snowdonia, North Wales

The accident took place on Tuesday evening at Clogwyn Y Grochan in the Llanberis Pass

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=47196
 veteye 30 Apr 2009
In reply to UKC News:
How sad.It seems as if he was not actually climbing as such at the time.
How awful for his partner.All my sympathy to her.
 Trangia 30 Apr 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Very sad. Condolences to his family and friends.
 Brooke-H 30 Apr 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Very sad news. Unbelievable really! The very best there was! My thoughts and condolences to Lynne, their family and all who knew him.......
 HikerPunk 30 Apr 2009
In reply to UKC News:
Very sad news.
Condolences to friends and family.
May he Rest in Peace
 Silum 30 Apr 2009
How terrible. This really made me stop and think for a while. How many stupid accidents like this over descents, its crazy and could happen to any of us.

My thoughts and condolences to family and friends.
 glasto_mudd 30 Apr 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Regards to his family and friends

A terrible loss
 nigel pearson 01 May 2009
In reply to glasto_mudd:
my condolences to family and friends.
Colin Salter 14 May 2009
In reply to UKC News: John Evans. I have known John for 40 years and it is very sad to hear that he has been killed. John, my friend, always had a smile and was always helpful and professional. My heart goes out to his partner as well as his parents Howell and Mary Evans. The world has lost a lovely human being who I have had the pleasure of knowing and working with for many years. John's Father Howell, was one of the founders of the Scout Mountaineering Centre, Yr Hafod, at Ogwen. It will be here, and at the Ogwen Mountain Rescue Team, where John will be missed so terribly. Like myself, apart from John's world wide exploits, he spent much of his time helping members of the Scout Movement to enjoy the mountains in relative safety, as did his father before him. To some extent his death should remind us all, that we should never take our lives for granted, and above all, we must always take the greatest of care when climbing and walking in our mountains.

Remember, if it can happen then one day it probably will happen.

Rest in peace, you will always be in our memory.
Colin & Jean

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...