UKC

NEWS: Lucinda Whittaker Climbs F8b

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 15 Jun 2011
Lucinda Whittaker on the 8b catwalk route of Austrian Oak, 5 kbSheffield based climber Lucinda Whittaker has redpointed Austrian Oak (F8b).

'The Oak' is a twelve metre power-endurance route at Malham Cove.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=62671

Chris Harris 15 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Am I the only one having trouble reconciling "twelve metre" with "endurance"?
 Monk 15 Jun 2011
In reply to Chris Harris:
> (In reply to UKC News)

Great effort from Lucinda - she must be one of our top female climbers but always seems to keep a relatively low profile.

>
> Am I the only one having trouble reconciling "twelve metre" with "endurance"?

You've missed out the all-important "power-" there. Power-endurance is something completely different to stamina.

Adam Lincoln 15 Jun 2011
In reply to Chris Harris:

Its says 'power' endurance. Which describes the route perfectly. Have a read up and you will then see the big difference between the two.
 UKB Shark 15 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome ascent from Lucinda and proof, if it were needed, that girls can do burly routes.

In the 12 metres it does weave right then back left and packs it in all the way including powerful moves where you dont gain any height at all. In that 12 metres my sequence has 27 hand moves and 49 feet moves not including clips.

Approximately.
 biscuit 15 Jun 2011
In reply to shark:

> In the 12 metres it does weave right then back left and packs it in all the way including powerful moves where you dont gain any height at all. In that 12 metres my sequence has 27 hand moves and 49 feet moves not including clips.
>
> Approximately.

I think that speaks volumes :0)

Really great to see so much good climbing going on at the moment from Brits at home and abroad.Inspiring stuff.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...