UKC

NEWS: Paris 2024 Olympic Sport Climbing Walls Unveiled

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 UKC News 04 Jun 2024

The IFSC have shared photos of the Paris 2024 Olympic Sport Climbing venue at Le Bourget ahead of the Speed and Boulder & Lead events taking place between 5-10 August this summer.

Read more

john arran 06 Jun 2024
In reply to UKC News:

This reminded me of a fiction short story I wrote way back in 1987, about comp climbing and the importance of the wall design. Rereading it, I'm amazed at how forward-thinking it was for its day, as it was written before a single commercial training wall was built in the UK and before a single UK comp had taken place - certainly before anything major.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bVo-uX3TuC1uqxojVAxwducNZ6lP2DGTpO9plo-...

But I didn't get everything right!

Edit: It was so long ago I had to type it out on a friend's typewriter!

Post edited at 11:31
 McHeath 06 Jun 2024
In reply to john arran:

Nice read John, and impressively far-sighted 

john arran 06 Jun 2024
In reply to McHeath:

Thank you, McHeath. I must admit to being a bit surprised when I unearthed it last month, having not seen it for the best part of 30 years and it having been written a fair bit longer ago even than that!

Michael Hood 06 Jun 2024
In reply to john arran:

Nice one

With regards to the Paris walls - green and pink? - looks more like blue and pink to me 

Dave Garnett 07 Jun 2024
In reply to Michael Hood:

> With regards to the Paris walls - green and pink? - looks more like blue and pink to me 

If you only have one X chromosome you’re not qualified to judge, as I have learnt the hard way!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...