UKC

ARTICLE: Remembering Steve Findlay (1954-2023) RIP

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 01 Jun 2023

Steve Monks, Trevor Massiah and Hazel Findlay remember the talented and charismatic Bristol climber, Steve Findlay.

Read more

Moacs 01 Jun 2023
In reply to UKC Articles:

That's a moving tribute; my father gave me similar things and I still miss him

john arran 01 Jun 2023

It's Trevor "Massiah".

Edit: Just finished reading: a fine and moving tribute. Thank you.

Post edited at 17:03
 Rog Wilko 02 Jun 2023

Great post Steve.

Tony Marr 02 Jun 2023

Really sad to read about Steve...too young to die. Knew him from his time on the North York Moors. Always good company and a superb rock climber. Great loss.

maxd 02 Jun 2023

Thanks for putting on. Lovely article. Trev previously put something on FB which I wanted to comment on but the skills eluded me! Although I didnt know Steve that well I just want to re-iterate how warm a character he was and how full of passion. Of course I mostly remember him from Bristol parties - his dancing, big smile and exuberance. He was a legend who wont be forgotten

frank ramsay 02 Jun 2023

Very moving and so sorry to hear about Steve's passing. I remember on a trip to the alps in about 1990, trying to ignore the petrol tank warning light as Steve was determined to max the mileage between fills. We never did run out of petrol, and then Steve cooked up a monstrous lentil and garlic stew which had dire repercussions. I lost touch and then years later read about a certain Hazel. He must have been a very proud dad.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...