UKC

ARTICLE: Sky at My Feet - A Day at Stanage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 16 May 2023

'Fingers met gritstone with a conviction only brought on by February friction.'

Elizabeth Stephenson writes about a formative day out on the grit at Stanage, climbing Cave Arête HVS 5a.

'Gritstone has become an integral part of who I am, and I'll be forever grateful for these small moments of escapism, where the sky is at my feet.'

Read more

Andy Hardy 16 May 2023
In reply to UKC Articles:

Enjoyed that, cheers.

pasbury 16 May 2023

Phew that takes me back. Proper HVS that route, especially for shorties like the author and me.

full stottie 16 May 2023

Nicely written! Enjoyed your account.

Michael Hood 16 May 2023

Nice, it's still a committing reach even when you're tall enough.

But the thing I'm struggling with is your mate Molly coming off several times seconding Cave Arete but onsighting Wuthering - respect.

SuperLee1985 16 May 2023

Really great to read well written articles about normal people attempting normal climbs! 

More of this please!

McHeath 16 May 2023
In reply to Michael Hood:

> But the thing I'm struggling with is your mate Molly coming off several times seconding Cave Arete but onsighting Wuthering - respect.

Could have been me ace on slabs, not so comfortable on slappy slopers ...

Lovely piece of writing!

pneame 17 May 2023

Great stuff. My palms started to sweat thinking of every sketchy grit move I’ve ever done. Looked desperate to me. 

BobtheBagger 17 May 2023

Lovely, very well written piece, well done for persevering (and I'm glad my little girl kept you on  a safe belay).

Elizabeth_S 17 May 2023

Really wonderful to read the comments and that people have enjoyed it! Warms the cockles 😊

Elizabeth_S 17 May 2023
In reply to BobtheBagger:

She does a brilliant belay and all round fantastic climbing partner! Glad to hear you enjoyed it 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...