UKC

DESTINATION GUIDE: Tensleep Canyon: A Wilderness Paradise

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 15 Sep 2017
Tensleep Canyon at sunset, 3 kbTensleep Canyon: one of America's best sport climbing destinations. Hidden away in rural Northern Wyoming, this paradise of dolomite pocket-pulling is hard to access, but definitely worth the effort.

Read more
 Paul Sagar 15 Sep 2017
I should probably have written "Northern Wyoming", having checked on the map. It took us so bloody long to drive there I thought it had to be in the north east...
 alasdair19 15 Sep 2017
In reply to LuapRagas:

Is it similar rock to wild iris climning area near lander? I visited there years ago would love to go back.
 AJM 15 Sep 2017
In reply to UKC Articles:

Interesting article, thanks.
 Adrian_J_Hill 15 Sep 2017

Another option is to fly to Denver, CO, which is less than 7 hours drive from Ten Sleep. Cheapest flights might be with Iceland Air, which flies non-stop from Iceland to Denver.
From Denver, you can also check out all the climbing (several lifetimes' worth) around Boulder and the Front Range.
Also, Colorado is the microbrew capital of the US.
Tons of detailed route information and an on-line guidebook at mountainproject dot com.

Have fun!
 Luke_92 15 Sep 2017

It's also possible to fly from Denver to Sheridan WY via a company called Denver Air Connection, (my hometown) and drive to Tensleep in a few hours. Not only quick, but seriously pretty.
 Paul Sagar 17 Sep 2017
In reply to alasdair19:

Yes, it's exactly the same form of Bighorn Dolomite - just less severely overhung, and so with longer routes.
 Paul Sagar 17 Sep 2017
In reply to Adrian_J_Hill:

Thanks for that! Good point about Boulder - another reason to put it on my bucket list...

Paul Sagar 17 Sep 2017
In reply to Luke_92:

Thanks!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...