UKC

NEWS: Tis the season in the Red River Gorge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 23 Oct 2012
Ashima Shiraishi on God's own stone, 8b+, Red River Gorge, Kentucky, 3 kbMany of the world's best climbers are now in or on their way to Kentucky's Red River Gorge, famous for its beautiful and severely overhanging sandstone.
Already, Jon Cardwell and Daniel Woods have made some impressive ascents, including a 3rd go of 50 words for pump, 8c+, (Jon) and Southern smoke,...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67547
 Fraser 23 Oct 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Some impressive stuff going on there.

Aside: I didn't realie Katie Brown had onsighted 8b+!
In reply to Fraser: If my memory serves me right, Omaha beach was 8b at the time (1999), but after a, or maybe several, hold(s) has broken, it's now 8b+.
 jon 23 Oct 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Hmmm, that's given me an idea!
 Fraser 23 Oct 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

> (In reply to Fraser) If my memory serves me right, Omaha beach was 8b at the time (1999), but after a, or maybe several, hold(s) has broken, it's now 8b+.

What's a little '+' between friends, eh?

As a comparison, any idea what grade Sasha Digiulian has onsighted?

Fraser 23 Oct 2012
In reply to Fraser:

To answer my own question: it's also 8b+ (info. from her website)
 Andy Farnell 23 Oct 2012
In reply to UKC News: From DPM climbing - the big news hasn't even happened yet. Adam Ondra boards a plane tomorrow for the Red River Gorge. All hard routes are currently in a state of DEFCON 1 meaning that absolute annihilation is imminent. There's been much speculation on the internet message boards about exactly how much domination will occur. Many agree that the world's first 5.14d onsight (9a in non-US terms) is a possibility...

Love the "All hard routes are currently in a state of DEFCON 1 meaning that absolute annihilation is imminent". Brilliant!

Andy F
Franz the Stampede 23 Oct 2012
ZOMG Ondra in the US, I hope Black Diamond will dispatch Bernardo Gimenez...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...