UKC

ESSAY: To Climb or not to climb; Where's My Motivation?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 22 Nov 2022

Mark Cobb writes about the hunt for motivation, and the power it brings when you find it.

Read more

BrendanO 23 Nov 2022
In reply to UKC Articles:

That was lovely; thanks.

steveriley 23 Nov 2022

Ha, nice one. I've had an ineffective paw at Whiteout Roof, I'll have another go now. The Coil is already on the list (first revisit to Farleton in 20+ years). Quick before I'm another year older! I've got a few multi-year projects and the danger is you expect to fail. Because that's what you always did. Longest siege was I think 8 Bloody Years.

ebdon 24 Nov 2022

what a great article, really articulates some of the joys, highs (and lows) of climbing. Really resonated with me. 

MarkKCobb 24 Nov 2022
In reply to BrendanO:

cheers for your message.

MarkKCobb 24 Nov 2022
In reply to ebdon:

cheers, we need to kind of accept the lows, as they're part of the high..inextricably linked. Fail to succeed. A great quote from Leo Houlding recently..'if it was easy, it wouldn't be hard'. Love that....

MarkKCobb 24 Nov 2022
In reply to steveriley:

Took me so long to do Whiteout Roof...managed to get slightly closer, each year, until finally getting that pocket (albeit tiny). The Coil was really hard. I like crimps, but they were microcrimps...painful!!! Love the rock at Newbiggin and Farleton though..!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...