UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Video: A definition of solid

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ramon Julian video still, 4 kbHere's a video with Ramon Julian strolling up Dani Andrada's La ley innata, 8c+/9a, in the Laboratory sector at Margalef. It's not exactly new, as he did it early this year, but I thought I'd share it none the less. Doesn't make it look that difficult, does he?

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=58721
banned profile 74 05 Nov 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: didnt sharma do a link of this into the top of his frfm project at 9a+?
Animal 05 Nov 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

There's something oddly joyless and dry about that "performance". Left me absolutely stone cold.
In reply to beastofackworth: Yes, he did: First ley, ~9a+
 Sul 05 Nov 2010
In reply to Animal:
> (In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC)
>
> There's something oddly joyless and dry about that "performance". Left me absolutely stone cold.

Pourquoi pas? IMHO a very well judged and pretty controlled climb taking long rests to recover where possible. He was also quite close to falling on a few occasions I think, and clearly did not have it wired, as he changed sequence a couple of times! How I used to do it in my glory days!

The GA

JonS 06 Nov 2010
Needs more gangsta rap and close ups of fingers crimping on holds.
davo 06 Nov 2010
What a beast. Made 8c+/9a look like a path!
 Brendan 07 Nov 2010
In reply to Grimpeur ancien:
It's interesting that he decided to rest for almost a whole minute at the 4th clip. I've always assumed you're best just to press on on steep climbs, especially that early in a route.

But I guess Ramon knows best!
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 07 Nov 2010
In reply to Animal: The only difference between that and the vast majority of footage of successful hard ascents was the lack of music, could that be what was missing for you? Try sticking something appropriate from youtube on in the background...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...