UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: Chris Savage - Progress at Kilnsey 8c+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 07 Jul 2011
Chris Savage on holiday in Yorkshire with his baby daughter Ciara (and a friendly mule!), 4 kbChris Savage has amassed an impressive sport climbing ticklist on his extended holiday to Yorkshire.

Highlights include Progress 8c+ and True North 8c.

Full details and Video:

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=62955

Adam Lincoln 07 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Great footage. Nice one.
 Jack Geldard 07 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC News: Well done Chris - that is such an inspiring ticklist.

Awesome stuff.

Jack
davo 07 Jul 2011
In reply to Jack Geldard - UKC Chief Editor:

What a ticklist! 9a next surely...
 Richard Hall 07 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC News: Good donkey photo!

Now your home Sav time for a real challenge, all the routes at Brean in a day....
 teddy 07 Jul 2011
In reply to davo:

Amazing, great effort and what a stunning route!
 marky 07 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC News: Well done Chris - a fantastic achievement. All those routes would be most peoples lifetime goal! Inspiring to watch you tear up Progress.
Nemo 07 Jul 2011
Amazing holiday ticklist – great effort Chris.

To be a complete pedant, I’m not so sure about the history though…

Think Malcolm Smith got the second ascent of Progress. Jerry graded it 8c+ (same as Evolution). Malc repeated and suggested downgrading both to 8c. Then Nic did both. After that Progress got quite a bit harder due to holds falling off at various times.

So think this was the fifth ascent (McClure did 4th). Not that any of that matters.

Brilliant effort on some great routes.
 Fraser 07 Jul 2011
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

Agreed, very nice footage; well shot and edited. Great effort on the climbing too!
 Kyle Warlow 07 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Awsome effort fairplay. Thats quite a ticklist.

The music in the vid was making me sleeping lol. Felt like I was being hypnotised
maxwell13a 07 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC News: well done mate
 doylo 07 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Really impressive ticklist, and nice footage though it would be cool to see more footage of the redpoints as you can't really tell where the stopper bits are from the vid as he's cruising the sections. The route looks great too!
 GrahamD 08 Jul 2011
In reply to doylo:

I'm intrigued as to where the line goes near the top quickdraw - Chris seems to finish well right of it.
 Richard Hall 08 Jul 2011
In reply to GrahamD: Chris finishes the same way as Steve Mac does in this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=IVu7StN1qjo&

Chris will have done his research and taken the correct line.
 Richard Hall 08 Jul 2011
In reply to Richard Hall: Start the Steve Mac vid at around 2:45.
 Adam Lincoln 08 Jul 2011
In reply to doylo:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> Really impressive ticklist, and nice footage though it would be cool to see more footage of the redpoints as you can't really tell where the stopper bits are from the vid as he's cruising the sections. The route looks great too!

The hard bit is up to the sica'd hold, after that it eases a little. Clipping is also very hard, and i think previous repeats have had the first two clipped at least. Though i may be wrong about this.

anonoscot 08 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC News:

nicely done. made it look easy.
 Chris Shepherd 08 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC News: Excellent work you beast.
Viralata 12 Jul 2011
What is the world coming to when Chris Savage is the spokesman for baby-toting weekend warrior dads?

Well done lad! Steady as she goes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...