UKC

ARTICLE: What Difference Does It Make?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 10 Jan 2024

Mark Cobb reflects on the differences between being able to climb something and not being able to climb something: the subtle variations in technique, tactics and the shifts in mindset that ultimately make all the difference...

'The journey itself had all the excitement; the balancing act between the physical, mental, environmental, the 'in the moment' inspiration. The destination, when I got there, was immense — but it lasted a split second. Sometimes, the anticipation, the beginning, the doing is so much better than having done it. You only climb it for the first time once. That feeling only exists that time. It gets harder to remember the feeling too. Wish I could bottle it!'

Read more

steveriley 12 Jan 2024
In reply to UKC Articles:

All men have secrets and here is mine. I got lucky. I was pondering my proudest tick of the year, 4 sessions and droppable in several places. Who knows, it might have been the hips an inch and a half to the right on the critical reach. Explaining a joke makes it not funny. You'd drive yourself mad trying to analyse it. The horror and the beauty of it in one. Nice one Mark!

pencilled in 12 Jan 2024
In reply to UKC Articles:

Volumes of empathy here; lovely piece thanks mate. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...