UKC

COMPETITION: WINNER - Win a Thermacell MR300 Black + Refill Pack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Thermacell Competition, 4 kbThermacell's Zone Mosquito Repellent technology, stop mosquitoes before they get close enough to bite or bother you. Now you can say goodbye to messy chemical sprays and lotions.

Read more
 TobyA 02 Jun 2018
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

But is it REALLY going to work against midges?! We need some brave Scot to go out and, say, belay someone on a still summer evening in Glen Nevis and report back!

In reply to TobyA:

Funnily enough the moment this was submitted I sent a message to Dan saying GET ONE OF THESE ON REVIEW NOW, so watch this space

olddirtydoggy 02 Jun 2018
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

I need this product so bad. Does it have a loop for a krab so it can be attached to a harness?

In reply to TobyA:

my thoughts exactly. Can't wait to see reviews!

Michael Hood 04 Jun 2018
In reply to TobyA:

If this would really work against midges on still days then I can see a lot of sales happening.

Maybe a network along Stanage every 20m set to turn on if the wind drops

HeMa 04 Jun 2018
In reply to TobyA:

It’s lil’ brother does seem to work on midges as well. But since we only have so few of them around, can’t give a definite answer. 

Just as a reminder, these things work If you start ’em up in good time (15mins for the small one), and then don’t move them. Perfect for bouldering or a crag with numerous routes in the same area. But perhaps not that useful for the leader. 

HeMa 04 Jun 2018
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

The smallest one has a harness, so in theory you could fasten it to the harness. But since it works by burning butane to heat up the pad, and also needs time to keep the ”sphere” intact. Well, perhaps not the best option for the leader. Works like a charm for the belayer though.

In reply to olddirtydoggy:

Man I hate dem pesky midges! For such a tiny creature they can really piss on your cornflakes!!!

J Whittaker 11 Jun 2018
In reply to TobyA:

I can categorically state that this product is crap as far as the highland midge is concerned. Bought one Friday and stayed in Glen Etive in the van. Whilst cooking outside i was holding it next to my face and they were still landing on me.

Dont waste your pennies on it if youre expecting a protection zone from midges.

TobyA 11 Jun 2018
In reply to J Whittaker:

Sounds pretty definitive! Having lived in country where mosquitos are an issue, and then getting midge again in the UK, they are quite different beasties that need to be dealt with in different ways. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...