UKC

ARTICLE: Your First Sun Rock Trip - Hints And Tips

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 01 Dec 2017
This is a climbing trip, there\'ll be no boozing..., 5 kbTemperatures dropping, daylight in shorter supply, energy bills rising – time to give some thoughts to a winter sun-rock trip. If it's your first trip, contributors NWClimber and Full Stottie have drawn up a helpful and humorous guide to essential equipment, tricky techniques and practical planning, with insights which even the well-tanned sport climber might find invaluable.

Read more
 full stottie 01 Dec 2017
In reply to UKC Articles:

The photo of the busy bouldering event with the La Sportiva tent is not mine - it came from the UKC database and I can't find the name of the user who posted it. Apologies to that person. I'll keep looking.

Dave
 HeMa 01 Dec 2017
In reply to full stottie:

The pic is from Mello Blocco comp, in northern Italy though.

Lovely place though.
 full stottie 01 Dec 2017
In reply to HeMa:

> The pic is from Mello Blocco comp, in northern Italy though.

> Lovely place though.

Thanks for that HeMa. I'm still searching for the photographer.

Dave
 RX-78 01 Dec 2017
Take loads of water with you, sometimes there is no handy water source nearby. Given the choice between inland crags or near the sea, pick the inland crags as these will be less crowded and have no casual non-climbing spectators nearby (to watch you struggle up a cliff beside the steps leading back up to the road), need to weight up against no cooling dip in the sea. We picked the seaside.
Post edited at 15:39
 nwclimber 09 Jan 2018

The link at the bottom of the article to the Bumper Book of Climbing Fun website has been changed. This is the new link:

https://dfhume.wixsite.com/bbocf

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...