UKC

72 or 98

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kes 04 Mar 2021

How many t-nuts would you put in an 8’x4’ panel?

Industry standard seems to be 72 but Atomik holds recommend 98 for home walls.  

I can see how it would give more options but do you need them? There’s only so much drilling i can be bothered with 

Cheers

JIMBO 04 Mar 2021
In reply to Kes:

will you also be using screw ons? if not 98 would be better... if you are, then the bigger gaps on a 72 will afford good spaces for screw ons too...

OP Kes 04 Mar 2021
In reply to JIMBO:

I will and that’s a good point, thanks

In reply to Kes:

8” spacing is the one I’ve always used (7 7/8” for Moon Board), so 72 nuts per board.

I used to have exclusively bolt ons, but have mostly moved over to screw on wood we move, I probably won’t drill and t-nut the boards fo the next home wall.

gravy 04 Mar 2021
In reply to Kes:

It doesn't matter. 

My recommendation is mark out where all the supports will be on the front.  Take 70-ish tee nuts spread them randomly over the board.  Adjust to avoid any supporting structures by at least 20mm (remember minor adjustments when building the support or mounting the board happen) and drill them where they lay. Add/subtract/move until you're happy, don't worry about exact positioning - it's just wasted time.

Never be afraid to screw something on.  Bolt ons make up less than 1/2 of my board.

Post edited at 09:34
 webbo 04 Mar 2021
In reply to Kes:

I have 8 x 14 on my boards. However I bought them with a frame and holds off someone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...