UKC

Climbing Works

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GravitySucks 18 May 2017
Anyone got the skinny on whats going down at the Climbing Works at the moment ? It's been closed for a couple of days with a 'maintenance issue'. I presume that there has been a metiorite strike through the roof followed by an alien invasion of intergalactic boulderers .... you see what happens when there is an information vacuum
 AndyPagett 18 May 2017
In reply to GravitySucks:

Now open again - apparently a problem with the roof.

(They did keep updating the post on Facebook, by the way)
 slab_happy 18 May 2017
In reply to GravitySucks:

No idea what happened, but their website now says "We are back open as usual, roof issue is sorted!"

(Sounds like you were right about the meteorite strike, then.)
 john arran 18 May 2017
In reply to slab_happy:

> No idea what happened, but their website now says "We are back open as usual, roof issue is sorted!"(Sounds like you were right about the meteorite strike, then.)

But when you go in now, how will you tell whether the boulderers are intergalactic, or just the usual earthly mutants?
 slab_happy 18 May 2017
In reply to john arran:

... there's a difference?

(The beanies are to cover up our sensitive antennae.)
 Bulls Crack 18 May 2017
In reply to AndyPagett:

> Now open again - apparently a problem with the roof.(They did keep updating the post on Facebook, by the way)

Was it not hard enough?
 althesin 18 May 2017
In reply to slab_happy:

I don't mind them coming here,honestly, it's just the smug ones, floating up a V8, no noise, no sweat, just a smile- my planet's bigger than yours.
 FactorXXX 18 May 2017
In reply to althesin:

I don't mind them coming here,honestly, it's just the smug ones, floating up a V8, no noise, no sweat, just a smile- my planet's bigger than yours.

Their native planet's gravity is twice as strong as that on Earth, so it's no wonder they appear to float up V8's...
 slab_happy 18 May 2017
In reply to FactorXXX:

Whereas I come from a low-gravity planet, which explains why I am so often to be found lying on the mats clutching my forearms and whimpering.
 althesin 19 May 2017
In reply to slab_happy:
Outing yourself on UKC, you're a very brave alien, watch out for the men in black.
 althesin 19 May 2017
In reply to FactorXXX:

Does that mean I can report them to the IOC for G doping?

(Interplanatary Olympic Committee)
 planetmarshall 19 May 2017
In reply to AndyPagett:

> Now open again - apparently a problem with the roof.

Never stopped Ratho. They just let it rain...
 stp 22 May 2017
In reply to planetmarshall:

The problem with the Works wasn't with rain coming in. It was asbestos.
In reply to stp:
That is not what I told you Steve, I said that something fell out of the roof so we closed as a precaution until the air test was done, it came back clear.
Post edited at 19:28
 john arran 22 May 2017
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

> That is not what I told you Steve, I said that something fell out of the roof so we closed as a precaution until the air test was done, it came back clear.

But what if the intergalactic mutants that fell through the roof weren't detectable by the air test?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...