UKC

Ratho this weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mikeyjbs 03 Oct 2018

Hi! I'm new to Edinburgh and need to find climbing partners! I'm also very keen to climb at Ratho this weekend if anyone fancies it. Bit about me (because I think my original profile may have been deleted in recent changes to the site brought about by GDPR). Very keen trad rock climber and Scottish Winter Mountaineer. I particularly enjoy sea cliff climbing. Been climbing for about 15 years and a couple of seasons ago (before I had to start planning my move to Edinburgh) I was climbing trad E4 6A. Have winter led up to Grade 5,V/5,VI. Also if anyone can recommend active climbing clubs in the Edinburgh area - already a member of the CC but would like to join a local club as well!  Thanks, Michael 

In reply to mikeyjbs:

British Lead Championships are on at Ratho this weekend, Quals on sat, Finals on sun.   Two of the lead walls and the speed wall will be unavailable and the place will be busy.    They've already stripped the two comp walls so less lead climbing than usual this week.    

If your not wanting to watch BLCC Eden Rock could be more fun than Ratho this weekend.

JLS 03 Oct 2018
In reply to mikeyjbs:

Probably not the best weekend to go climbing at Ratho.

The Bristish Lead Climbing Championships are taking place there so it's likely to be very very busy.

Some of the Facebook pages might the place to look for partners.

A few Ratho people use "Occasional Clippers" for partners.

OP mikeyjbs 03 Oct 2018
In reply to JLS:

Thanks for the heads up both! Will as you advise try to get out to Eden Rock then.

BTW what is 'occassional clippers'?

Suggestions for clubs also gratefully recieved!

dougp87 03 Oct 2018
In reply to mikeyjbs:

Sent you a mail.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...