UKC

Small van side door hangboard mount

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Osiris 23 Apr 2020

My militant girlfriend has not thus far permitted me to drill holes into the flat to install a hangboard, so I found a solution in a portable side door mounted hangboard for my van. It's all wood, collapsible, fits in the back of the van and has a pull up bar, too. I found no ideas online for smaller vans, so if anyone else has a similar predicament - check this out. Happy to share details for those who want to build their own.

Nb: it does necessitate having a roof rack, but I suppose there are workarounds if you don't.

https://www.instagram.com/sharpendclimbinguk/

In reply to Osiris:

Looks like just what I need. Any chance of more in-depth details? 

Thanks.

Climber_Bill 23 Apr 2020
In reply to Osiris:

That's really good. Awesome for when you're travelling.

Have you thought about a freestanding fingerboard for your flat? I made one last year as well as a freestanding 30 degree woodie as I didn't want to drill into the walls.

TJB.

Post edited at 16:09
OP Osiris 23 Apr 2020
In reply to Climber_Bill:

That's an idea, but unfortunately our flat is pretty cramped and my partner vetoes my right to clutter it up as she owns the place.

In reply to Osiris:

Genius! I'd come to a similar conclusion to the frame hanging out of the side door but could not come up with a solution about attaching them to the roof bars. Your hooks are ingenious! And thanks for the detailed write up. 

Thanks 

Stuart 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...