UKC

Did Grivel discontinue the "Speedy" ice screws?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 neilwiltshire 04 Jan 2020

Lost one on a route last week and went to order a replacement only to not be able to find them anywhere. Am assuming they discontinued them for some reason but can't find anything on that either.

Loved those screws and am now really annoyed to have lost one!

FYI, the "Speedy" was a Grivel Helix with an integrated draw.

nniff 04 Jan 2020
In reply to neilwiltshire

i think so.  I bought two from the Climbers Shop a month or so ago at half price.  I rather like them too

gethin_allen 05 Jan 2020
In reply to nniff:

> In reply to neilwiltshire

> i think so.  I bought two from the Climbers Shop a month or so ago at half price.  I rather like them too

Ok at half price. I doubt they sold well at full price.

GarethSL 05 Jan 2020
In reply to neilwiltshire:

I think it's possible to get the quickdraw attachment for salewa screws separately. Could be an option if it fits the helix and you want that kind of set up! 

TobyA 05 Jan 2020
In reply to neilwiltshire:

I bought a couple really cheap as long ago as 6 or 7 years ago. It must have just been it was summer and they were in a southern UK shop where I guess there wasn't much call for them, but its funny because I thought they were cheap because they had taken them out of their range that long ago... I agree though, they are jolly good screws, it's a shame I moved away from living somewhere with very reliable ice just a year or two after I had bought them!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...