UKC

Tower Scoop, Sat 11 Feb

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 NathanP 12 Feb 2006
Does anybody know the climbers on Tower Scoop/Tower Cleft at about 1.00 pm yesterday (Saturday 11th)?

We saw them start up and disappear into the mirk. We reached the bottom left hand of the Tower Scoop rocks and were debating the snow conditions/deciding whether to back off when we saw a small avalanche sweep over Tower Scoop.

We thought we subsequently heard them calling (whooping congratulations actually) to each other and couldn't see bodies in the small debris field (as we legged it back to the pub) but it would be nice to hear a confirmation that they were OK.

Nathan Paxton / Peter Obkircher
 KeithW 12 Feb 2006
In reply to NathanP:

Sounds like two from our group that weekend. They were in the bar that evening, showing off the video they'd shot - so yes, they were OK.
In reply to NathanP:
That makes me feel better! I was contemplating doing tower scoop on saturday but opted for No.2 gully and got avalanched on that.

NMM
Anonymous 13 Feb 2006
In reply to Northern Mountain Monkey:
I second Keith's posting. Scott, who was one of the climbers, said he was hit by the small avalanche but luckily stayed on.

A very eventful day judging by the reports.

Conan
Scott McNaughton 13 Feb 2006
In reply to NathanP: Nathan

Yes that would have been Mick and I. We were safely anchored when it hit so it went straight over. We 're both fine.

Thanks for checking. S
OP NathanP 13 Feb 2006
In reply to Scott McNaughton:

Glad to hear you were OK. Peter was sure he heard you calling to one another afterwards, but it's good to get the confirmation.

Cheers,

Nathan
 McGus 14 Feb 2006
In reply to Scott McNaughton:

keep taking those lucky pills Scott!

Angus
Mick Allen 14 Feb 2006
In reply to NathanP: Really appreciate you guys taking the time to find out if we were ok. That'll have been me screaming to Scott as it thundered past. Luckily i was well anchored in and protected by a small butress, but Scott got a fair about in the face.

Thanx again. M

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...