BOREAL have been manufacturing specialist mountaineering footwear for over 40 years, leading the way with innovative designs and high quality construction.
Two of the latest offerings in the Mountain Boot collection are the Triglav and Arwa models.
Triglav is a lightweight and technologically advanced mountain boot named after the highest mountain in Slovenia and the Julian alps; exactly the kind of terrain in which this boot excels.
Triglav is ideally suited to summer alpine or lower altitude winter mountaineering in less severe temperatures. The upper is made from lightweight synthetic textiles and features our unique Dry-Line® lining which is fully waterproof and has an unrivalled ability to transport moisture vapour away from the foot. Triglav is slightly more flexible than B3 category boots meaning it is more comfortable for walking and can comfortably be used for trekking extended distances.
The underfoot comfort of the Triglav is further enhanced by a midsole with a soft cushioned EVA top surface for improved underfoot cushioning and thermal insulation. The high quality sole unit platform features a Vibram® New Mulaz rubber outsole with extra cushioning under the heel area and built-in system for improved torsional control.
Triglav is compatible with semi-automatic crampons and is suitable for less technical winter climbing and glacial travel as well as being great for scrambling, mountain walking and general summer alpinism.
- UPPERS: Highly abrasion resistant, waterproof and reinforced Putek mesh. PVC overlay on the whole panel for added lateral support. Bi-Flex system and HFS padded heel system for a perfect fit. PVC rand for protection. Integrated gaiter
- LINING: Boreal Dry-Line® for absolute waterproofness and superior breathability
- MIDSOLE: Boreal PBG-650 with lateral reinforcements for torsion control. Shock absorbing EVA foam layer for enhanced comfort and underfoot insulation
- SOLE: New Vibram Mulaz outsole with dual density, shock absorbing PU and EVA under the heel for comfort. TPU front and heel piece for automatic crampons. Stabilizer TPU piece in metatarsal zone
- USAGE: Summer alpinism. Winter mountain walking. Scrambling. Glacial travel
- WEIGHT: 1390 gr. pair. Size 7 U.K.
Arwa is an alpine mountaineering boot made with the very best modern materials and a fit honed by extensive testing with a team of leading alpinists. The result is a precise, warm, comfortable and lightweight mountain boot which will take you faster and further. A perfect choice for ice/mixed climbing and general alpinism.
The upper is constructed from lightweight synthetic Putek mesh with a PVC overlay for added lateral support and protection. Arwa has a full Thinsulate™ lining which even extends under the foot to prevent any cold spots.Our unique Dry-Line® waterproof breathable lining guarantees to keep your feet dry and has superior water vapour transmission performance.
- The innovative Bi-Flex system allows the ankle to move freely, greatly enhancing walking comfort and freedom of movement when climbing. The intergated elasticated ankle cuff keeps the snow out and the laces neatly tucked away.
- UPPERS: Highly abrasion resistantant, waterproof and reinforced Putek mesh. PVC overlay for added lateral support. Bi-Flex system and HFS padded heel system for a perfect fit. PVC rand for protection. Integrated gaiter
- LINING: Boreal Dry-Line® for absolute waterproofness and superior breathability. Full internal single layer Thinsulate® lining for thermal protection
- MIDSOLE: Boreal PBG-650 with lateral reinforcements for torsion control. Unique triple layer Thinsulate® thermal protection
- SOLE: Vibram New Mulaz outsole with dual density, shock absorbing PU and EVA under the heel for comfort. TPU front and heel piece for automatic crampons. Stabilizer TPU piece in metatarsal zone
- USAGE: Very cold conditions. Alpine climbing. Technical ice and mixed climbing
- WEIGHT: 1480 gr. pair. Size 7 U.K.