II, 170m. A real classic and for good reason - this is a great route. The start is not obvious - look for a bolt 5m up.
1) 5b. Climb a series of overlaps to reach a shallow, right-leaning corner and follow this to a stance.
2) 5c. Head up the corner above and when this widens and becomes grassy, step left and follow a brilliant flake-corner to a comfortable stance on the left.
3) 5c. Make a few tricky steep moves off the belay then carry on up easier cracks and a corner to a beautifully positioned belay with a brilliant view of Fidel Fiasco.
4) 5c. Climb the cracked wall above then rock over onto the stunning slab above. Follow this to the top. A great pitch.
5) 5c. Step right off the belay and climb a short, strenuous chimney and then an amazing corner above.
Descent - Abseil down Majorette Thatcher. © Rockfax
UKC Logbook Description
Popular, established classic on the Red Pillar.
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents