215m. A fun and varied route which has a bit of everything - slabs, walls, cracks and corners all feature, plus a fairly puzzling little move on pitch 5.
1) 6a, 30m. The route begins at the toe of the buttress, which can either be climbed directly (5c) or on flakes and small crimps (6a) on the right-hand side. Both options meet after 15m and lead to a large ledge.
2) 5a, 30m. Climb the slab and groove above before stepping right and following the arête in an excellent position to a belay beneath a chimney.
3) 4c, 15m. Go straight up the slab then move left into the deep chimney. Walk through this where it levels out and turn right to belay on a single bolt underneath a steep corner.
4) 5b, 15m. Climb the corner (easier than it looks) on excellent holds, to a single bolt belay which can be backed up with a sling on a spike. It is possible to walk off from here to avoid pitch 5.
5) 6a, 30m. Climb up and right across ledges to reach the foot of a steep, red wall with a corner on the left. Climb the corner and then make a steep traverse leftwards until beneath a wide crack. Climb the crack with difficulty and continue on the slab above. Follow the easy groove on the right to reach a sling belay on the ridge crest.
A 5m traverse (walk) on the west side of the ridge leads to a bolted belay and a 20m abseil. From the foot of this, scramble up and rightwards for 200m to reach the foot of the second gendarme.
6) 5b, 30m. Climb the slab and then make a brilliant technical traverse left to reach the arête. Follow this to a small stance.
7) 4c, 30m. Continue up the arête, before moving right and following a vague groove to a belay on top of the gendarme.
Walk west for 30m to reach the top of the couloir which splits the two gendarmes. Scramble down this to reach the foot of the final pitch. Another option is to walk to the top of the last gendarme then abseil in (35m).
8) 5b, 35m. Climb the final pitch, initially on flakes and then via steep but helpful cracks. A fantastic pitch to finish on. © Rockfax
UKC Logbook Description
A popular climb on 3 separate buttresses:
1st:5a (5c option), 5a, 5a, 5b, optional 6b pitch
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents