One of the classic, must-do routes of the UK, but not a route to be underestimated. Although never desperate, the route finding is testing. Scramble up rightwards to below and left of a triangular overhang which is below a grassy terrace.
1) 4a, 25m. Follow the well-travelled slab up to a ledge at 10m. Walk 5m left and climb a short corner for 3m and move right across a slab, round a rib and up to a stance on a pulpit.
2) 4b, 25m. Follow the tricky rightward-leaning gangway to a chimney groove, climb this for a few metres, often damp, then walk left on a ledge to and belay below a blunt arete overlooking the large gully.
3) 4a, 15m. Climb the arete then head diagonally right to a large triangular ledge in a corner.
4) 4b, 25m. The big pitch, which is a little loose in places. Drop down a little way, then climb up the pinnacle on the left. From the top of the pinnacle, step left onto the steep wall. Pull up into a niche and head round the corner on the left to gain a steep arete. Follow this until it is possible to step left across the chimney and belay below cracks leading to the upper slab.
5) 4a, 25m. The out-there slab. Climb a cracked groove then step across left, passing a broken chimney, to gain the base of a big slab that overlooks the large gully. Climb the centre of the slab then trend left to the exposed left edge. Finish up this in a magnificent position to a belay in a recess.
6) 30m. Climb direct to a ledge, either finish here and escape rightwards, or tackle one of the cracks above to the top. © Rockfax
Classic Rock, Top 25 UKC Wishlist Rock Climbs, North Wales Rock Graded List, 50 Best HS Routes in the UK., CLIMB Mag's Top 100 routes in Britain, North Wales 100 Classic Climbs, ROCKFAX - Top 50 North Wales Climbs, UK Lonely Leads, The BMC 70th Anniversary Ticklist, North wales road to ruins HVS, Ultimate HS ticklist, Preparation climbs for a Cuillin ridge traverse, The best the UK has to offer for mere mortals (apart from the lakes cos its always wet), Tom Ripley's best UK HS climbs, #RadTradGirl UK HS/VS climbs Easter 2017, High Quality Adventure routes, Snowdonia in Chains, Libby Peter's HS Hit List, The Original 'Classic Rock' List, Adventure ticklist 2018, Michelle's crack ticklist, The Long Routes, UK Holiday Plans, George's Ultimate Easy to Mid Grade North Wales Trad Ticklist, Definitive *** Llanberis, Mountain Rock, Dougs 2020 ToDo List, 2020 Trips, Hard Rock & Other Classics
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents