A superb ridge climb leading to a fine finish high up on the wall. Start at the base of the prominent jagged ridge running down the eastern side of the crag. .
1) 20m. Head up the middle of the buttress to belay by a block on a large ledge.
2) 20m. Continue up to the large pinnacles at the top of the main ridge, belaying on the right-hand side of the last spike before the col.
3) 5m. Drop down into the col and belay (skip this belay if you are a confident leader but watch your rope work for the runners placed in the col section).
4) 15m. Climb a grassy crack to gain a leftwards-trending line leading to a superb belay on the arete.
5) 15m. Climb up the lovely slab then trend rightwards to a large sloping ledge below the final chimney.
6) 15m. Entering the chimney via the crack is something of a crux not made easier by the polish of thousands of passing climbers. The awkward section is thankfully short-lived!
Descend the main gully to the right. © Rockfax
Classic Rock, A grand easy welsh day out, North Wales Rock Graded List, Menlove Routes, North Wales 100 Classic Climbs, ROCKFAX - Top 50 North Wales Climbs, Snowdonia - long routes and classic climbs, Best Multi-pitch Severe and Hard Severe, CUMC Ticklist, AMC Uni Ticklist, MUMC Ticklist, North wales road to ruins HVS, 2016 Targets, Flying Buttress Ticklist, North Wales Super Summer Solo Ticklist, Preparation climbs for a Cuillin ridge traverse, The best the UK has to offer for mere mortals (apart from the lakes cos its always wet), High Quality Adventure routes, The Ultimate SUMC Ticklist, Welcome to CUMC, Hobo Unicorn Essentials, The Original 'Classic Rock' List, 2018 Goals, The Long Routes, The climbs of Menlove Edwards and Colin Kirkus, George's Ultimate Easy to Mid-Grade North Wales Trad Ticklist, Cool Names, Definitive *** Llanberis, Mountain Rock, Easy peasy Northy Weesy, The (easy) Welsh Top50 Round, Hard Rock & Other Classics, Snowdonia and The Lakes Classic Rock Summer Challenge
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents