A superb ridge climb leading to a fine finish high up on the wall. Start at the base of the prominent jagged ridge running down the eastern side of the crag. .
1) 20m. Head up the middle of the buttress to belay by a block on a large ledge.
2) 20m. Continue up to the large pinnacles at the top of the main ridge, belaying on the right-hand side of the last spike before the col.
3) 5m. Drop down into the col and belay (skip this belay if you are a confident leader but watch your rope work for the runners placed in the col section).
4) 15m. Climb a grassy crack to gain a leftwards-trending line leading to a superb belay on the arete.
5) 15m. Climb up the lovely slab then trend rightwards to a large sloping ledge below the final chimney.
6) 15m. Entering the chimney via the crack is something of a crux not made easier by the polish of thousands of passing climbers. The awkward section is thankfully short-lived!
Descend the main gully to the right. © Rockfax
Classic Rock , A grand easy welsh day out , North Wales Rock Graded List , Menlove Routes , North Wales 100 Classic Climbs , ROCKFAX - Top 50 North Wales Climbs , Snowdonia - long routes and classic climbs , Best Multi-pitch Severe and Hard Severe , CUMC Ticklist , AMC Uni Ticklist , MUMC Ticklist , North wales road to ruins HVS , 2016 Targets , Flying Buttress Ticklist , North Wales Super Summer Solo Ticklist , Preparation climbs for a Cuillin ridge traverse , The best the UK has to offer for mere mortals (apart from the lakes cos its always wet) , High Quality Adventure routes , The Ultimate SUMC Ticklist , Welcome to CUMC , Hobo Unicorn Essentials , The Original 'Classic Rock' List , 2018 Goals , The Long Routes , The climbs of Menlove Edwards and Colin Kirkus , George's Ultimate Easy to Mid-Grade North Wales Trad Ticklist , Cool Names , Definitive *** Llanberis , Mountain Rock , Easy peasy Northy Weesy , The (easy) Welsh Top50 Round , Hard Rock & Other Classics , Snowdonia and The Lakes Classic Rock Summer Challenge , Ticks without Lymes
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents