A fine buttress climb that wends it way up the centre of the crag.
The climbing is interesting although there are easy passages between the harder sections. Start just right of the toe of the buttress, 5m right of the large gully.
1) 30m. Climb the wall and move left to a square recess. From the top of the recess, head right up a ramp to a small spike and transfer to the ramp above it. Now move rightwards to the end of the ramp and a small stance and belay.
2) 40m. Make some cramped traverse moves left to reach easy ground after 7m. Follow easy-angled ground up ledges and a wide corner to below a vertical wall. Traverse left on ledges to a good stance under a steep corner.
3) 16m. Climb the steep corner and move right to a good stance at its top.
4) 30m. On the right is a short, steep, open corner. Climb this boldly to a ledge above it. Now take a long easy corner to a ledge and belay at a flake that leans against the wall.
5) 4a, 45m. A long pitch. From the top of the flake, step up left and climb a difficult groove that eventually gains easier ground.
Climb up to a narrow corner and take this to its end and a stance and belay.
6) 20m. Scramble up easy ground to the top of the crag. © Rockfax
Classic Rock, Kendal Wall's Best 100 climbs in Britain, Lakeland's Best Multi-pitch Routes up to HVS, The Original 'Classic Rock' List, One day multipitch, The Long Routes, Borrowdale FRCC Guide 'Top Fives', Nuts of Legends, Steve Ashton's 100 Classic Climbs The Lake District, Lake District Classic Rock Challenge, Mountain Rock, ROCKFAX Lake District: Top 50, Lakes Classic and Hard Rock Selection, A Lakeland Apprenticeship
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents