Some fine thin wall and slab climbing in its lower pitches. Above the quality deteriorates on the easier pitches. The finishing pitches of Stoat's Crack provide a better alternative. Start at a shallow groove in the clean wall at the start of Jack's Rake.
1) 5a, 18m. The technical groove has some excellent moves and leads to a ledge and belay on the left.
2) 5c, 15m. Ascend the intricate slab of perfect rock direct to where the wall above it steepens and belay here.
3) 5b, 14m. Move right for about 3m and climb the steep wall to a groove on the right - committing. Follow the groove to a ledge and belay below a scoop.
4) 4a, 22m. Move up the scoop and then head right and up slabs to a ledge and belay.
5) 25m. Take the rib on the left to the top. © Rockfax
UKC Logbook Description
A fine climb up the slabby walls R. of Rake End Wall. The difficulties are concentrated into two pitches; one slabby and technical, the other steep and bold.
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents