James' idea of 're-charging his batteries' might be slightly different to most:
"Recently I have been starting to go bouldering again, and whilst I'm not feeling 'on form', I have still managed to climb a few classic hard boulders in Austria and Switzerland."
James' tick list over the last few weeks has been:
- Terra Nova 8A Brione, CH
- Frogger 8A Brione, CH
- The Faginator 8A (First ascent) Zillertal, AT
- Freezer 8A Zillertal, AT
- Mother Firestarter 8A (Flash) Zillertal, AT
- Sundance Sit 8A+ Zillertal, AT
- The Super-Tera-O-Mega Project 8A+ (First Ascent) Zillertal, AT
- Petting with an Alligator 8A+ Maltatal, AT
- Wrestling with an Alligator 8B Maltatal, AT
James commented on his future plans:
"I still have a few sport route projects I would like to complete before the season ends, but it gets colder and snowier every day so my luck may have run out. Hopefully I can take my bouldering to new levels over this winter, and then return to the UK next year feeling fitter and stronger than ever before, psyched to climb lots of hard new trad projects near my new base of Bristol."
- You can see more info and videos on James here: Wild Country Website