"Graham! What are you doing in the shed? You've been in there for over an hour."
"Coming dear!" Just one more ice screw to go, then everything is razor sharp... scratch, scratch, scratch... the Ben will be in soon. It WILL be...
It's time to pull out those smelly thermals, sharpen your tools and get ready for winter.
If you are in need of some inspiration, then you have come to the right place. This week is a winter feast on UKClimbing.com with videos, articles and gear guides to get you in the mood and kitted out.
- Have you read The Winter Belay by Bobt? (Warning contains strong language!)
- We have just published an article and video of Dave Birkett on a winter ascent of Botterill's Slab V,6 on Scafell in the Lake District.
- If you are thinking of investing in a new pair of crampons we have our gear article Crampons - Everything you need to know!, written by Paul Lewis.
- Or for a more general overview of winter hardware you can read Winterising Your Rack by Rob Jarvis.
- Just want to see some photos? How about Chris Craggs' historical photo article: Winter - Wow! It's how winter used to be!
- Where to go winter climbing? Have you been to the Northern Corries? Where's that? What are they all about? You can find out in our new Destination article by Viv Scott - The Northern Corries - Winter.
There is more winter coverage to come this week on UKClimbing. Keep your eyes peeled. Until then, did you catch this video we first linked last Friday?
VIDEO: John Cunningham Solo on Ben Nevis - 1970's