We have an exciting opportunity for someone to play a role in developing our customer service and personal shopping sales experiences.
We're taking Rock+Run back to its roots, offering a bespoke, personal shopping appointment service where customers can schedule dedicated one to one time with one of our customer service team to fit footwear and try out new gear. As part of this service's development and growth, we're looking to employ a passionate outdoor enthusiast to work alongside our growing customer service team in facilitating these appointments as well as general customer service tasks.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Responding to email, phone and live chat inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Processing returns
- Handling orders and complaints
- Managing product and customer reviews on the website
- Facilitating shopping appointments, from scheduling and arranging to delivering a positive personal shopping experience
- Maintaining expert level product knowledge
- Showroom maintenance and merchandising
In addition there will be times when you'll be working in our warehouse - this work will include:
- Picking and packing customer orders
- Booking in stock from suppliers
Is This Role For You? We're Looking For:
- An outdoor enthusiast with extensive knowledge and a passion for climbing and/or mountaineering/running
- Excellent communication skills, both written and in person
- IT competent
- Motivation to learn more and receive professional product training from our brand suppliers
- Experience in a retail or customer service role is preferable
- Strong grasp of the English language
What We Offer
Contract & Salary
This is a full time position with an initial 6 month probationary period. The role would be available to start immediately: Monday to Friday, 8.45am – 5.00pm.
The starting salary is £22,000 with 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Long term service holiday bonus
- Generous staff discount on kit
- Pool of staff gear to use
Please send a relevant CV and covering letter/email explaining why you would be interested in joining the Rock+Run team to Mike Binks (email@example.com). If you have any other queries please contact Mike Binks via the aforementioned email.
Closing Date: 10 Feb 2023
Rock+Run has specialised in retailing equipment for mountain enthusiasts since 1983 and our reputation for customer service and efficiency in this field is renowned throughout the outdoor sector. Since first launching our website and the web-sales portion of our business back in 1994 we have been an industry leader in web retail and this is something we strive to maintain and uphold.
We are in Sandside which is located just off the A6 at Milnthorpe. Sandside is a 15 to 25 minute drive from Kendal or Lancaster respectively. Our location offers easy access and parking in a pleasant rural setting with climbing, bouldering and running close by.