Salary: £23,000- £25,000 *depending on experience
Job Status: Permanent
Hours: 40 pw
Applications Close: 31st October 2021
The Climbing Hangar is looking for a committed, high energy Deputy General Manager (DGM) to join our established Plymouth Team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to assist the General Manager in supporting a hugely motivated and successful team, as well as joining the Hangar in an exciting moment for the business.
Welcome to the Hangar! The Climbing Hangar started life in a Liverpool warehouse in 2011. Since then we've grown to become a national business with six soon to be seven sites, 130 employees and over 12,000 climbers coming through the doors every month. Our mission is simple – Use climbing to inspire happier, healthier and more connected lives for everyone. We bring together epic climbing, fresh coffee and a fun filled community to cities all over the UK. We are passionate about climbing. But more importantly we're passionate about the impact that a social, challenging, supportive, progressive and fun activity can have on people's lives, regardless of ability, age or fitness. We design our Hangar experience with an easy to access, limitless progression concept to make it inclusive and friendly, where you feel right at home, right away but if you want to be world number one, we are right behind that too. We have ambitious plans for the next few years, and we're inspired to keep getting better by the experiences and stories of the people who climb with us every day. So, thank you to everyone who has been part of the Hangar story so far, and to everyone else, we look forward to future adventures. #boldertogether
Qualities we value
We believe that life is a series of adventures, that it's easier to get better together, that we should strive to deliver the unexpected… and we believe that applies as much to the service we provide to our customers as it does to the way we run our business and work with our teams. We're a close-knit team and looking for a new team member that will quickly feel part of the family. We value people that are:
- Patient and willing to learn
- Curious and find joy in solving problems
- Keen to learn and add value by advising upwards
- Results orientated and able to prioritise
- Calculated risk takers with a dash of audacious energy
- Have an inherent understanding of people and how to bring the best out in them
- Serious about fun and making the world better through delivering positive micro moments
The role of Deputy General Manager (DGM) is central to the effective and safe running of our Centre. This is an active, customer facing role which involves a hands-on approach across all centre operations including: reception, coaching, retail and The Hangar Café; in addition to administrative duties behind the scenes.
The DGM, will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the centre. Our centres are open from early morning to late evening and require an calming yet energetic, fun, and self-motivated DGM who can inspire, organise, and support a team of Crew and Duty Managers to consistently deliver exceptional levels of service and safety.
Working alongside the General Manager, you will identify and build upon business opportunities and drive staff performance to meet sales and profitability KPI's, as well as service KPI's. The delivery of exceptional customer service across all departments within the centre will be a key aspect of this role and as such, the post holder should understand the importance of fostering a fun, relaxing and inclusive atmosphere for both customers and staff.
In the absence of the General Manager, the DGM will be the first point of call for staff, customers and business partners and so should have a well-rounded knowledge of the team; customer base and all aspects of operations.
The DGM will be well supported by our Management Teams and we will provide training and development to ensure that the right person for this role has the opportunity to grow and develop within our company.
Preferred skills/ Experience
- Computer Literate
- Strong background in customer service
- Strong background in team management
- Proven record of meeting KPIs using financial and non-financial means
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of resolving conflict in a tactful and diplomatic way
- Experience of H&S compliance
- Staff scheduling experience
- Cash handling experience
- Coffee/barista trained or willing to undertake training
- Experience of Stock management
- Self-motivated and able to work efficiently independently and as part of a team
For more deets on exactly what the roles entails, please visit the Jobs Page on our website: https://www.theclimbinghangar.com/about-us/jobs
If you'd like to apply, send a cover letter to email@example.com and let us know why you think you'd be great for the role.
Important stuff to note
As part of this role, you will be required to work evenings and weekends on a Rota basis. Generally our earliest shifts start at 6am and our late shifts finish at 11pm. This is an extremely varied, hands-on role. You'll readily lead by example and get involved in every aspect day-to-day centre operation from cleaning duties to Managerial tasks.
What's in it for you
In return for your brilliance, you will receive:
- Free Climbing for you and a plus one
- Generous team discounts on food and gear from all our suppliers
- A daily right old laugh with your team
- The warm fuzzy glow of knowing your work is making a difference in people's lives
- An opportunity to learn from a wide range of excellent colleagues and gain coaching qualifications
- Competitive salary
- Training, learning and development opportunities
- 28 days annual leave per year (Pro-rata & inclusive of bank holidays)